Published on Thu 07 October 1999
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.
- A whale's penis is called a dork.
- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
- Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realise what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks, otherwise it will digest itself.
- 101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan (Wendy) are the only two Disney cartoon features with both parents that are present and don't die throughout the movie.
- "Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
- To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs - it will let you go instantly.
- Reindeer like to eat bananas.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
- The word "samba" means "to rub navels together."
- Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots.
- The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air crashes.
- A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up its stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of its mouth. Then the frog uses its forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.